Information we collect about you.
VTO Saddlery requires that you provide personally identifying information about yourself only when placing an order. This information includes: your name, your shipping address, your billing address, your e-mail address, your phone number, and your payment (credit card) information.
Our site also places a small code on your computer (a "cookie"), which is used only to identify your computer as you browse our site and progress through the checkout process.
All personally identifying data is transmitted to us via a secure server. We do not collect any information about you or your computer when you simply browse our site.
What do we do with the information we collect?
Information you provide to us when you order is used only for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order and process your payment. If you pay by credit card, your credit card information (including billing address) is sent to our payment processor via secure server.
- To notify you about backorders, your order status, or other customer-service related matters.
- To notify you from time to time via e-mail or regular mail about special offers and new product arrivals. You may request not to be included in these periodic notifications by e-mailing us and placing "remove" in the subject line of your e-mail.
- We also maintain a password-protected internal database (not accessible online) of all customer transactions. This is used for our internal accounting, inventory control, and customer service purposes. Your credit card information is not included in this database even if you specifically request it (for example, if you prefer to phone in an order and simply say "charge it to my card"). If you want to set up an account, please contact us at (800) 506-5344.
It is our policy not to share individually identifying information with any third party without your prior affirmative consent. Exceptions to this policy are:
- If it becomes necessary to have a supplier drop-ship a product to you, we will provide the supplier with your shipping address and phone number. We will attempt to obtain your consent prior to doing this.
- If our credit card processor notifies us that the credit card you have used to place your order is fraudulent, we reserve the right to report this to the appropriate authorities, as well as to the bank that issued the card.
- If your credit card payment becomes the subject of a chargeback or attempted chargeback that we believe is unjustified, we will provide information about you, the items you ordered, and other personally identifying information to our payment processor and/or third-party collection agents only after attempting to resolve the issue with you directly.
Our website may contain links to third parties, whose privacy policies may differ from ours. While we do not share any information about you with these third parties, we encourage you to read their privacy policies before you provide them with any information about you.
Payment information, including credit card numbers, is sent via industry-standard secure (SSL) servers. Your information is encrypted and cannot be read except by you and us. For your protection, we have installed a security certificate from GeoTrust, one of the most trusted names in online and e-commerce security. You can order with confidence knowing your information is secure.
Furthermore, our web server and internal networks have been certified by Security Metrics as being in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS).
If you are a web user who is uncomfortable supplying payment information online, we offer an alternative ordering method. You can use our offline order form (available here) to mail your order.
Copyright © 2001-2009 VTO Saddlery